Our board, past, present and future is inspiring, always looking to expand, and change for the better.
Become a part of the movement by being an advocate and helping us in one of our many respected director positions. Being part of our Board of directors is impactful and a great opportunity to get involved.
To apply for a board position you must be a current member with us and have a history with our organization. All applicants must have a background or history with the topic of infertility, proven passion, ability to lead, and complete role expectations.
Being a Board of Director for Conceivable Dreams requires a time commitment each month of about 4-5 hours and one board meeting per month. Additionally, you will be required to work alongside all members, directors and work within our mandate.
Each position is open to those selected to be Board Members. Once selected and accepted as a board member you will be expected to:
- Regularly attend board meetings and related planning meetings. These are often done by phone with a few opportunities for yearly meetings in person.
- Make a serious commitment to participate in committee work.
- Volunteers for and willingly accepts assignments and completes them thoroughly and on time.
- Stays informed about committee matters, prepares themselves well for meetings, and reviews and comments on minutes and reports.
- Gets to know other committee members and builds a collegial working relationship that contributes to the group.
- Is an active participant in the committee’s annual evaluation and planning efforts.
- Participates in fundraising for the organization (nonprofit only).
Below are our current open positions, we also have volunteer opportunities. Our community also consists of patient, physician, and media advisors.
Currently we have these positions open on our board:
Vice President: [Position open]
The vice president assists the president in leading the board of directors. His/her responsibilities include:
- Assisting the president in guiding the board in matters of organizational priorities and governance
- Overseeing operations, developing functional roles and assigning responsibilities to board members
- Taking the place of the president if he/she must be absent from a meeting or function
- Developing board meeting agendas in collaboration with the president
Chief Operating Officer: [Position open]
The chief operating officer is in charge of overseeing day-to-day board operations. His/her responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the day-to-day affairs for Conceivable Dreams, keeping the president fully informed
- Assisting the president and vice president in developing short and long-term operations strategies
- Being available to brief the president on operational matters for review in advance of board meetings
- Ensuring effective communications among board, resolution of issues, and project development
Secretary: [Position open]
The secretary has overall charge of the maintenance and organization of corporate records and documents. As a member of the board of directors, His/her responsibilities include:
- Recording and circulating minutes of all board meetings
- Maintaining records of all policies approved by the board
- Ensuring member and board information is up-to-date and organized
- Maintaining organization of new and working corporate documents
- Maintaining up-to-date clinic and vendor contact information
Please use the form below to apply for a position on the board of directors.